Monday 14 October 2013

Beetle - mania: Models Own Beetlejuice polish

After spying this on the Model's own website I HAD to try it. Their whole nail varnish range is really fun and I like the way they put them into mini collections. I've also tried their Lip and Cheek Tint before and thought it was just as good as Benefit's and it lasted aaaages, as well as their Red Hot lipgloss which has the most impressive colour from a high street lipgloss I have ever seen.

I picked up Indian Ocean from the Beetlejuice Collection, which is clearly popular as there were only two left. My local Boots didn't have the full range, but I'm not hugely keen on all the colours available anyway. I do like the look of the Purple Blue, it reminds me of a nail polish I used to have from Accessorize that shone different colours, like the effect you get with spilt oil!

Indian Ocean is seriously pretty, shimmery blue with a purply pink shine when it catches the light, if feels very dreamy and Disney princess.

One coat of Indian Ocean
The final effect
Only downside is that it needs quite a few coats, and despite my best patience between coats and using a top coat it has made them a bit more prone to smudging, as the polish is so thick. A single coat doesn't look bad - as you can see in the pic, it would be good if you aren't looking for a dramatic effect but still want a polish on your nails.  I love any polish that creates an effect for you - I'm not great with nail art pens or dotting tools, so any polish like this or a simple effect top coat is always a winner! The final effect is lovely and I keep moving my nails to watch the colour change (simple things!) The pictures don't really do it justice in all honesty.

It just looks a little bit different and super pretty. I think it will also work well as a top coat over different colour polishes as the first coat is so light. I highly recommend it and will probably treat myself to another darker shade on payday.

Excited to try these!
It retails at £5, which isn't bad for a large bottle. Boots currently have an offer which is buy 2 Models Own products and receive a free Velvet Goth polish. I have been itching to try this in Absinthe after seeing a post on it by Charlotte over at Make Up By Candlelight.  I picked up the Mermaid Tears polish from their Splash Collection (so, so pretty - and the foil like particles look like a good replica of the Revlon Moon Candy range) and got the new Velvet Goth polish free! So three of their polishes for a tenner was pretty good going.

I can't WAIT to try these other two polishes! I have also noticed Model's Own have brought out a chunky "lip stix" range (a version of Clinique's Chubby Sticks by the looks of it) and I am also now keen to try out polishes from their other collections - in particular the Mirrorball and Fruit Pastel collections - the fruit pastel polishes are scented!


Have you used any Model's Own products? What do you think of their nail polish collections? 



4 comments:

  1. Ive never tried any of Model Own Products and im nail varnish and nail art craze! I will definitely give this a go and let you know what i think :)

    One of my favs is Barry M - they have lovely selection of colours shimmer, matte and glitter and it easily glides on. i will be doing a post about these soon - check it out when i do

    www.yasbeyou.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Yes definitely give the beetle juice a go, it is so pretty on. I'm now wearing one if their velvet goth polishes and it it stunning!

    I'm also Barry m mad but will be trying more models own now. Look forward to reading your post! :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liking the maybelline colour show line at the moment but will have to try out some more of the models own varnishes too, Indian Ocean looks really pretty! :)
    TheSilverDoll x

    http://thesilverdoll.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Maybelline colour show are great value aren't they! Seen a few I like! The pictures don't do this polish justice,it is stunning! :-) xx

    ReplyDelete