Tuesday 27 May 2014

Smudge proof eyeliner: 17 Tattoo Me

Blogging really took a backseat in November. Work got really hectic, which I know is a common problem for most bloggers, but I work in theatre and got well and truly sucked into panto-land, it's just magical and probably my favourite time of year. Then following that I just lost my blogging mojo a little.

I'm finally feeling like getting back on my blog and showing it some love and thought it was the perfect time to share my favourite new make up discovery.

Who doesn't love eyeliner? It's a great everyday staple or an easy way to add a bit of drama to an evening look.

I wear it pretty much daily, with a little flick at the end. For a good 6 months I have been using a Collection eyeliner, a bargain £2.99 product with a felt tip style applicator (again, the child in me enjoys drawing my make up on with felt tip and crayon inspired products)

The only downfall of this product is that it comes off quite easily and I always have to top it up half way through the day (my eyes water when it's a tiny bit cold and I laugh A LOT at work so it doesn't take much to smudge it!)

Recently two friends recommended the 17 Tattoo Me Eyeliner. It's only available from Boots and costs just £4.99. It describes itself as semi permanent liquid eyeliner and my goodness it does not budge an inch!

                                               


I've been using it for a couple of months and it lasts from 8am to 11pm. No touching up required. Amazing.

It is a very glossy black and quite a thick textured eyeliner.

                                                     


It took me a couple of goes to get used to a brush eyeliner again but it glides on well. My only niggle is that if any gets on your eyelashes (yes I am a mucky pup) you need to get it off quick or get your mascara on quick or it makes your lashes very clumpy.

The other niggle, which is a bit silly as my quest was to find a budge proof liner, is it can make your eyes a little sore taking it off as it is stubborn! I had to use make up remover on cotton wool, followed by make up remover on a cotton bud, then baby oil and a bit of moisturiser to shift it!

Recently I've been using my Collection liner on my eyelids then used the Tattoo Me eyeliner to create my flicks at the end as that is the bit that normally wears off during the day and this is much kinder on my skin when it came to removing my make up. It also tones down the high gloss look of the liner for every day wear.

For a night out it is perfect, as you will never need worry about finding your eyeliner half way down your face!

This is definitely a new staple for my make up bag.

2 comments:

  1. this looks good! I've been looking for an alternative to my favourite LOreal Super Liner perfect slim and this looks like the one I'll be going for next :)

    Anita @ AllThingsAnita

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's definitely worth a try for just a fiver!:-) xx

    ReplyDelete